Monday, May 20, 2013

Chapter 25


Mia Bonner

In chapter 25 Holden reaches his maximum depression stage. He becomes angry (when he wants to kill whoever wrote "fuck you" on the wall) and begins to make poor decisions (he decides that he is going to run away). But, Holden spends the entire day with Phoebe. While at first when he met with Phoebe his mind was set on leaving, but being with Phoebe forced him to realize that he actually was happy.. Holden actually did miss people.. And Holden didn't really want to leave anymore. Watching Phoebe go around and around on the carousel, overwhelms Holden and he even feels as if he might cry. Holden did not know how it happened, but he felt overjoyed and full of happiness. I, like Holden have experienced this same feeling. Last winter, I attended the "Santa's Helper's" Christmas gathering at the Hester House.  For four hours I walked around with two little african american children. I took them to several stations consisting of; a picture with Santa, a arts and crafts area, a section to have snacks and eat with their friends, and lastly, I took them to an area with a big table full of all different Christmas gifts. They were allowed to pick out one for themself and one for each of their parents. These children were very poor, needy, and in search for happiness just like Holden. After we were finished with going around to all the stations, we went outside and I watched as all the little kids ran around. One minute they were "down in the dumps", but the next minute, they were free from all worries, they realized that they can be happy. I realized that this was the best feeling ever, watching these kids run around with big smiles on their faces. It was a feeling just like holden, I wasn't exactly sure why I was so happy, but I knew I was. I was happier than ever, and so were they. They didn't care who was around them, whoever it was they were going to share their happiness, they were going to get everyone off their butts  so that they could come play with them. This day was certainly a highlight in my life. This day was when I realized that anyone can be happy, no matter the circumstances. If you just realize that you can let go, and not worry so much... you will be much happier








No comments:

Post a Comment